Please go through the following steps to make your fees payment, course registration and accommodation booking (if you are entitled for accommodation).
- If you are NOT a new student, go to Step 2. New students must be screened, first, before they start registration:
- New postgraduate students should go to the Postgraduate School for screening.
- Other students should go to their faculties/institutes/centers for screening.
- After screening, go to Step 2.
- Go to the ABU Web Portal at http://portal.abu.edu.ng
- Login based on your user category:
a. Follow the following link if you forgot your password:
b. If you cannot login, report to MIS on email@example.com or call any of the listed numbers: 07067430531, 07067430505, 07067430539, 07067430512 (Calling Hours - Monday to Friday; 9.00am to 5.00pm).
- If you login successfully, proceed to Step 5.
- After login successfully, you will be taken to a page similar to the following
- On the page shown in the preceding step, click on the School Fees tab:
7. The preceding step will open a window similar to the following:
8. Click on the 2011/2012 SESSION link to generate a Transaction Slip for you like the following:
9. Compare the fees generated above with the fees payable for your program as advertized on the page http://portal.abu.edu.ng/scheduleOfFees.php. If the fees are the same, proceed to the next step. If the fees are NOT the same, Logout and report the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org or call MIS office on (08036527382).
10. Log out from the portal. You will log back to continue after paying your fees.
11. Take your Transaction Slip to any of the designated banks to make payment. The list of designated banks can be found here: http://portal.abu.edu.ng/designatedBanks.php.
12. After paying your fees, you can login to the portal to continue your Course Registration:
13. After Course Registration, you can book accommodation. You can only book for accommodation after course registration and only if you are entitled for accommodation.
- The following page should open after clicking on Course Registration:
- If your payment for 2011/2012 is confirmed, you will see a link 2011/2012 SESSION for course registration.
- Click on 2011/2012 SESSION link to proceed to do course registration for 2011/2012.
- The Course Registration page looks like the following:
- Click on First Semester to register for first semester courses or Second Semester to register for second semester courses. A window like the following will open:
- Notice that a course has a lecture component and an optional laboratory component. A course may have more than one lecture/laboratory groups.
- To register a course, select the lecture group you wish to enroll in:
- If a course has a laboratory component, you must select the laboratory component, too, before you can register that course. When NA is written under the Lab. Group(s) header, then that course has no Lab. component.
- Get information about the course you are about to register by clicking on the button labeled with “?”:
- Click on the checkbox to register the course:
- You can de-register a course by unchecking the checkbox in Step (v).
- Register more courses by repeating Steps (i) to (v) above.
- Scroll down the page and follow the link to register elective courses:
- As you register/de-register courses, your Course Form is updated. The Course Form is shown in the lower part of your course registration page:
- Follow the following link to preview/print your Course Form:
- Click on Second Semester to register for second semester courses similarly
14. Read the instructions carefully on the following pages to book your accommodation:
15. In case of any difficulty contact us on email@example.com or call any of the listed numbers: 07067430531, 07067430505, 07067430539, 07067430512 (Calling Hours - Monday to Friday; 9.00am to 5.00pm).
16. Good luck!