College Of Agriculture And Animal Science, Kaduna
The popular Mando College started in 1951, as a Livestock Services Training Centre, Kaduna to train key personnel in Veterinary services, principally Fields Assistants in Livestock Management for the entire Northern region.
This essential service centre later became Veterinary Field Station that comprises the Veterinary Public Health, Trypanosomiasis and Poultry Production Units along side a Veterinary Investigation Laboratory.
CAAS was transferred to IAR/ABU in 1971, along with other sister schools of Agriculture at Samaru, Kabba and Bakura to form the present day Division of Agricultural Colleges (DAC), a semi – autonomous unit of the Agricultural Complex of the Ahmadu Bello University. In 1977, the council of Ahmadu Bello University changed the name of these institutions from “Schools” to Colleges giving birth to what is now known as the Division of Agricultural Colleges (DAC).
The Division which was established in accordance with statute 16 of the laws of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and has graduated thousands of students who are now working at National/International Organizations. The programmes run by the College are:-
National Diploma (ND) Animal Health & Production Technology
Higher National Diploma (HND) Animal Health Technology
Higher National Diploma (HND) Animal Production Technology