The University Alumni Office
The Secretariat is (Alumni Office) located at the Main Campus of the University. The Office is headed by the Alumni Officer and some other members of staff. Furthermore, all staff of the alumni office are employees of the university, while both the Alumni Officer and the Deputy Alumni Officer are on appointment.
Activities of the Alumni Office, include, but are not limited to the following:
- Taking directives from Vice-Chancellor on Alumni and related matters.
- Maintain Data Base on ABU Alumni Membership and ABU Alumni Association branches, chapters all over the country and abroad.
- Membership of University Committees: including, resource mobilization, Convocation, CANU Conference, Students Organizations, Planning & Resource Mobilization (i.e. Development Office) and several meetings on University development.
- Seek for peace among Unions in ABU Community including SUG.
- Co-ordinate the activities of ABU Alumni Association Chapters and Branches.
- Hosts the ABU Alumni Association Annual General Assembly and Home-Coming
- Represent the Vice Chancellor, ABU in Alumni Association Matters.
- Assist in securing places for Alumni children and wards in the University
- Assist in the processing academic of transcripts, certificates etc for Alumni members.
- Annual General Assembly: (constitutionally once a year) requiring representatives from Branches, Chapters and NEC.
- Board of Trustees: requiring meeting of chairmen, Board of Trustee, pre- Presidential Dinners etc.
- National President of the Association is a member of University Board of Council.
- National President is subject to the Vice-Chancellor.